The term virus is a kind of malware whereas the malware is widely used for malicious content that tries to steal or harm your data. Malwarebytes and Avast are not direct competitors as both provide different types of security.
Avast is famous in antivirus industry, while Malwarebytes is well known as a useful anti-malware tool. In this post, we will review Malwarebytes and Avast. We will also discuss, “Can we use both software at the same time?” And features and pros and cons of both.
Avast and Malwarebytes: Features
The main features of Avast and Malwarebytes are given below:
Highlighted Features of Malwarebytes:
- It protects your useful information from hackers and attackers
- Clean up infection system
- Protection against fraud websites
- Stop malware attacks
- Protect your important documents from ransomware
- Can detect 0-day malware
- Safe browsing for Windows and Android
- Protection against spyware
- Bad apps detection (Chromebook and Android)
Highlighted Features of Avast Antivirus
- The software protects against ransomware, malware, and, webcam spying
- Protection against phishing sites
- Strong protection against virus
- Software Updater
- Fast scan without affecting system
- Cleaner & Booster
- Real-time monitoring
- Safe Shopping (browser plugin)
Difference Between Avast and Malwarebytes
- The software can quickly eliminate the most advanced spyware and malware from your device with its robust scan system.
- Malwarebytes is the best spyware and virus removal software that is recommended for laptop and PC for its quick scan and detection technology.
- Malwarebytes is easy to use and offers a user-friendly interface as compared to other antiviruses. It has simple design and is easy to use for operators.
- Malwarebytes is unable to fix the defective software or file it recognizes.
- Typically it relocates the infected file instead of deleting or removing it.
- It is unable to detect an infected file or folder from the archives.
- Avast Anti-Virus has compatibility with approximately all operating systems like Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7. It is also accessible for android and Mac OS.
- The software won many awards for being one of the best antiviruses software, and various organization has rated it excellent antivirus and proved from different laboratory tests. Avast is a trusted software.
- The antivirus also has some extra features related to security in addition to its customization ability.
- Avast did not perform well in terms of phishing. There is a need for extra caution to prevent phishing attacks on your PC or mobile devices.
- The Password manager function of Avast is not robust, like many other antiviruses software. The problem can be minimized using premium services.
- Avast doesn’t inform you while sharing your data with the server of the company.
Malwarebytes – one of the most popular anti-malware protection applications that was first released in 2006. Later on, various updates continue to add up in software and are still coming regularly to the date. It is well known for its reliability and capability to locate multiple threats quickly, including all types of malware.
In contrast Avast is one of the leading companies operating in the cybersecurity market. The company makes use of next-generation technologies to provide its users with trustworthy and innovative software that prevents and protects them against any cyber threats.
Can You Use Avast and Malwarebytes Together
Many people ask the question that “Can we use both Avast and Malwarebytes together on the same system”?. The direct answer to the question is No! You can not use both pieces of software at the same time on a single system. It is because both pieces of software may resist against each other. Some people complain that their antivirus software automatically stops working after 5 or 10 minutes when they were using both Avast and Malwarebytes at the same time.
Moreover, the internet connection issue could be faced. When it was checked through a test for three days, the results showed that they worked great when operated individually, but when they run together, they affect the speed of the system, internet connection speed and many times, both software unusually stopped working.
While both Avast and Malwarebytes offer excellent protection, but their differences are significant. In case you only want baseline protection, and you are not willing to pay for now, it is recommented to use free version of Avast Antivirus protection software and also use Free Malwarebytes for on-demand scanning.
However, it is not recommended to use two antivirus software running together on same system at the same time. Still, a system with two free options will not cause any clash because only Avast Antivirus solution will be actively protecting your operating system. Malwarebytes will be used on-demand when it is required.